After further disappointment in the title race, should Liverpool be looking for midfield reinforcements in the January transfer window?
Rob Gutmann hosts Neil Atkinson and Paul Cope…
General topics :
- midfield suddenly looking a bit pedestrian against Chelsea , leads to calls for revamp
- Forward options suddenly look incredibly sparse
- Minimum expectations of fsg
- 18 goals in 25 games
- LFC have 20% sell on clause and a buy back option .
- Back to back him, or genuinely buy for LFC ?
- Liverpool linked (Duncan castles )
- 20 years old
- Arsenal look to Lamptey
- Saka Contract expires in 2024. He is currently paid well below his worth.
Castles says :
- a forward a priority for Liverpool and they’re ready to do January business if they can secure the quality of player they want , but summer more likely .
- He says LFC plan had always been to cash in on one of front 3 for 200m, but changes in the market have thwarted that strategy (with psg focusing on free agents and Madrid on Mbappe, Barca being skint)
- LFC have had contact with Luis Diaz. Porto want 80m now, but his wages wouldn’t be high
- In terms of Saka , Arsenal not qualifying for CL would be important .
- Saka keen on a Liverpool proposal
- LFC have enquired for January
- Swiss defensive centre mid from borussia MGB.
- 25 yo
- Available on a free in the summer
- reports in Spain that Barca want him.
- Also references to interest from Bayern, West Ham, AC Milan.