Our review of Liverpool 0 Arsenal 0 in the Premier League at Anfield, including a deep dive into the team selection.
Dan Morgan hosts Neil Atkinson and Sean Rogers…
– Have the fixtures now become more defined by rhythm as opposed to context of competition for Liverpool?
– Back six also a nod to not conceding in line with Arsenal’s lack of firepower.
– Arsenal went 4411 at Anfield – started with a 4 again/same tactic in terms of smothering the central areas.
– Width and switches – don’t get enough off from the beginning. Only gets worse
– Red Card once again becomes a question of concentration – again a suggestion this is a team able to lose its way in games.
– Arsenal pressing in a low block second-half – total commitment to shape BUT what do they do different next week? Feels like the first goal in this tie is crucial.
– What do Liverpool do with this issue? Finding how best to use Minamino (if they are to use him) could be key.
– Arsenal, Brentford, Palace tactics will be interesting in terms of how they setup while we have this problem
– Liverpool need games of football regularly now.