Talking through the latest Liverpool transfer links, including a potential move for Porto’s Luis Diaz as African Cup Of Nations insurance.
Rob Gutmann hosts Neil Atkinson, Mo Stewart and Fuad Hasan…
Dealing with Afcon / January :
- From what we know of Liverpool’s MO it seems unlikely they’ll go for any short term solution
- Luis Diaz from Porto quite strongly linked
- Colombian winger . 25 years old
- Pacey, right footed , dribbler
- Joint top scorer at Copa America
- Top scorer in Portugal
- Colombian journalist Pipe Sierra says LFC are interested .
- 80m euro release . But journalist says Porto would take 50m euro
- 37 goals in 114 games for Porto
- United interested .
- His manager has pleaded with him to see out season at Porto
- LFC need him in January
- Could we afford to turn down a £20m bid ?
Summer plans :
And according to the Liverpool Echo’s report, Klopp’s side scouted Bowen last season and he made it on to a last of attacking options.
But they decided against making a move after unexpectedly keeping hold of Divock Origi after no serious bids came in for the Belgian.
- will be a summer transfer option but not a January one .
- is now scoring goals
- Another strong link for the summer
- Sport Bild : Dortmund are adamant the midfielder will not be allowed to leave and have devised a ‘long-term plan’ to keep the England international beyond his current deal, which expires in 2025.
- The report goes on to claim that it is “hardly conceivable” that Klopp would look to raid his former club, with a reported price tag of £100m placed above his head.
Potential outgoings :
- urged to move by Wales manager
- Is a fit James Milner blocking his path even as Trent’s deputy ?
- The domestic cups progress factor
- injury set back may stop him moving
The contracts :
- front 3