Our review of Liverpool 1 Aston Villa 0 in the Premier League at Anfield, including a deep dive into Jurgen Klopp’s team selection.
Dan Morgan hosts Neil Atkinson, Sean Rogers and Paul Cope…
Below is a clip from the show – subscribe for more Liverpool v Aston Villa reviews…
If you're already subscribed, click here to login...
Want to reverse engineer a bit, so, we’ll save the second half of the show for Gerrard and Villa as there has been lots of weirdness, and do the first half on our game:
– What he needs from Oxlade-Chamberlain in the false 9 and why is he the best option here?
– What the selection may say about what he thinks of Newcastle?
– Who makes it a game down the left first half? Watkins and Young do nothing down Villa’s right. Both really fancy the space between Matip/Trent
– Robertson getting beyond Alcantara and keeping McGinn honest.
– Jota always coming on. Again the Origi sub was there.
– A game where centre-back distribution shines through – Matip inpartcular
Gerrard and Villa
– The question not being what he did here but what he does in the next two/three games against Liverpool/City/Chelsea.
– Talking notably about going two up top against us being his biggest “what if” from Saturday?
– The good and bad – He’s clearly getting buy in which isn’t a given. Tactically a bit confusing – particularly around playing out from last line.
– What does this all mean for the future, if anything at all? Does it have to mean anything?