Discussing the current managerial situation at Liverpool and beyond, as well as what the future may hold on both counts.
Harriet Prior hosts Harrison Worden, Belinder Bhati and Tom Whittaker for The Anfield Wrap…
The panel discuss…
- Chatting about managers today in the context of lots of managerial changes in the PL, conversations around our manager, Gerrard etc.
- 13 managers have lost their jobs across Europe’s top division so far. Life expectancy of managers keeps getting shorter – why? The nature of football now? Come down to individual club’s strategy?
- Villa – Gerrard. Thoughts about it, good next step, what does he need to do if he wants to become LFC manager? Is it a stepping stone?
- Newcastle Eddie Howe thoughts. What do they need? Same as Tottenham with Conte.
- Back to us- first managerial era you remember and memories of that
- Klopp – the work he has done, the challenges he’s faced. What makes him such a good manager and leader?
- Future: “It’s over when it’s over, but it’s far away from being over.” – why is there such a preoccupation with his next move?
- Next managerial move and post-Klopp era. Pep Ljinders?