Our review of Liverpool 4 Arsenal 0 in the Premier League at Anfield, including the team selections of both sides and what impact they had.
Dan Morgan hosts Sean Rogers, Paul Cope and Harrison Worden…
Stats: Chances Set Play: 3-0 Liverpool/16 LFC Shots In Pen Area/Ball Recoveries 55-53
- Liverpool’s selection here is easier to decide than other more dead-rubber fixtures?
- Players not having a lot of experience with each other on pitch around Tsimikas/Ox/Thiago
- Arsenal sticking to convictions of Aubameyang and Lacazette. Partey for Maitland-Niles potentially the one he regrets
- Factors around the break, lineup, recent results and Arsenal starting relatively well at play
- Liverpool struggling to pass into attacking third (11/25)
- Arsenal willing to gamble on a huge space through the middle of pitch
35-70 and beyond
- Arteta’s Guardiola impression does him no favours, but:
- Liverpool become a lot narrower and force Arsenal inside where trap is laid
- Back they won’t get turned around with Saka and Smith Rowe having to go other way
- Subs on both – no Pepe was maybe surprising to push one of Saka/SR in the 10