A round up of the 2021-22 season so far for Liverpool FC Women and a brief look ahead, plus an interview with in form striker Leanne Kiernan.
Neil Atkinson hosts Emma Sanders, John Gibbons and Leanne Prescott, while Harriet Prior conducts the interview with Kiernan…
Subscribe to TAW Player for more on Liverpool FC Women, as well as reaction to all the news and events that matter to you…
The panel discuss…
Three wins back to back
– Two goals scored in each of them.
– Two away games.
– Is this the most Liverpool Women have been at their ease since early in the 18/19 season?
– System change.
– Spaces on the pitch.
– Knowing their roles and everything being clear.
Sheffield United game a good example
– Should be 3 by half time but Liverpool have the game on a string.
– Liverpool stepped up to Bramall Lane.
– Confidence through the side.
– Should then be 3 on the counter. But never really in doubt barring some set pieces.
Performances across the last few games
– Leanne Kiernan
– Taylor Hinds
– Leighanne Robe
– The energy of Ceri Holland.
Aston Villa game next
– Chance to test themselves.
– Villa only scored 4 in 5 in the WSL but sit in 7th and have won two.
– Beat Leicester 2-1 earlier in the season.
– Beard has a squad to play with.
League progression important though
– Break after Villa but 6 games in 20 days when back.
– 4 league.
– Includes Durham away on Nov 14th which will be massive.
– Durham are a bit do or die in my view this season.
– Getting the sense of who is where.