A preview of the Premier League clash between Brentford v Liverpool at the Brentford Community Stadium, filmed in Liverpool City Centre.
Gareth Roberts is joined by Sian Bennett…
Here are some stats and facts ahead of the game:
- First league meeting since May 1947 — Liverpool won the league and Brentford went down that season.
- First time the sides have met each other in all comps since FA Cup win in 1989 (32 years ago!)
- The Reds have lost just one of their last 27 Premier League games against promoted sides (W22 D4) — that was last season to Fulham
- Brentford’s ground will be the 60th ground they have played a Premier League match at. They’ve won at 57 of the 59 so far – more than any other side in the competition
- Brentford lost only to Brighton so far – and that was in the 90th minute
- Liverpool are on the longest current unbeaten run in English league football (15 — W12 D3
- Away from home, The Reds have won their last five games, scoring 15, conceding only 3
- The Reds have won 3-0 in each of their last 3 away. In top flight history only Liverpool have won four away on the spin by 3+ goals each time – that was in December 2017.
- Brentford striker Ivan Toney has the most goals (2), goal involvements (3), joint most shots (12) and joint most chances created (7) in the PL for The Bees this season
- Only Steven Gerrard (13) has scored more PL goals in London for Liverpool than Mo Salah (12)
- Mo Salah has scored 99 goals in 150 PL games for Liverpool. A goal at Brentford would see him become the fastest player to score 100 top flight goals for The Reds, a record currently being held by Roger Hunt (152 games).