Our review of Norwich City 0 Liverpool 3 in the League Cup at Carrow Road, including the team selection, plus who and what else stood out.
Dan Morgan hosts Neil Atkinson, Sean Rogers and Harrison Worden…
The panel discuss…
- Another late change to plans: James Milner due in the six, instead Curtis Jones. Naby Keita the one missing out originally?
- A note on who else isn’t present.
- Norwich City and in their case, whether changing the shape and lineup was right?
- The start and Liverpool’s overall ruthlessness defined: Three shots on target = three goals. Five more shots than Norwich City (12/17) but shooting accuracy 17 per cent to Norwich’s 41 per cent. More crosses (24/5). Simply a case of better players?
- The right side first half. Jurgen Klopp at full time stating how Kaide Gordon was “too wide”, a big chat during a break in play, there.
- The centre backs Joe Gomez and Ibrahima Konate and Curtis Jones do well on the press.
- Caoimhin Kelleher’s positioning is excellent.
- Tyler Morton’s influence and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain going up a gear for 15 on 45/60. Seemed to happen at different points in the game.