A look ahead to the 2021-22 Liverpool FC Women season, plus an interview with returning Women’s Super League-winning manager Matt Beard.
Neil Atkinson hosts Philippa Smallwood, John Gibbons and Amy Laurence from the RMTV Women’s Podcast.
Liverpool FC Women: The Need for Promotion
- The panel discuss the need for exposure for Liverpool in the Women’s Super League and the financial incentive for the club.
- Liverpool would be a huge draw for players in the WSL
- Liverpool need to rise above and impose their level of football.
- The FA Women’s Championship is only a 22 game season, emphasizing the need to start well in order to gain promotion into the WSL
Matt Beard Returns as Liverpool FC Women Manager
- The panel discusses the return of Matt Beard and what that means for Liverpool FC Women
- Matt Beard is ready for a different challenge with players who want to play for Liverpool.
- Huge chance to get everyone excited against London City Lionesses
The Shape of the Squad – WSL Quality in the Team
- Three Keepers. Who wins the initial keeper battle between Rachael Laws, Rylee Foster and Katie Startup and starts in the league?
- The back line takes shape as Meikayla Moore, Niamh Fahey will start at centre back, plus a new addition – Jasmine Matthews comes in from Bristol. Wardlaw, Hinds and Campbell for will look to start in the full back position with perhaps Rhiannon Roberts as another right back option for the reds.
- What will be the shape of the midfield? Rhiannon Roberts, Jade Bailey and Carla Humphrey are more defensively minded. Missy Bo Kearns and Rachel Furness may perhaps be utilized as more box to box midfielders.
- Rianna Dean scored 14 goals in 19 games three seasons ago – how likely is she repeat that kind of production for Liverpool?
Press play to listen to this show in full or alternatively you can listen for free on Audioboom, Spotify, Apple Podcasts or The Anfield Wrap’s free app available on IOS and Android…
Subscribe to TAW Player for more Liverpool FC Women content, plus all the news and events that matter to you…