Gareth Roberts is joined by Emilia Bona, Kev Walsh and Adam Melia to look ahead to Liverpool v Leicester City, as The Reds are ravaged by injuries after the international break – with Virgil van Dijk, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez, Rhys Williams, Andy Robertson, Jordan Henderson, Mo Salah, Fabinho, Thiago, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Neco Williams all either injured or doubtful for the game.
Also on the show, Andy Heaton and Jonny Owen, director of The Three Kings, talk about his film on Bill Shankly, Matt Busby and Jock Stein, and John Gibbons speaks to Jim Yeoman from the charity ‘Cycling Projects’ on a new scheme they are offering in Liverpool (specifically Knowsley and Wirral), called Wheels into Employment.
Press play to listen to this show in full or alternatively you can listen for free on Audioboom, Spotify, Apple Podcasts or The Anfield Wrap’s free app available on IOS and Android…
Liverpool’s Injury List
- Virgil van Dijk: ACL – long term
- Trent Alexander-Arnold: Calf – reports he will back “next month”
- Joe Gomez: Knee – long term
- Rhys Williams: Hip – left out of England U21s game
- Andy Robertson: Hamstring strain – Withdrawn for Slovakia on Sunday, but played 90 minutes v Israel on Wednesday
- Jordan Henderson: “Tightness in leg/groin” – sent home after coming off at half time in Belgium v England on Sunday; reportedly “precautionary” and LFC “hopeful” of recovery but The Times report he is likely to miss Leicester
- Mo Salah: Twice tested positive for Covid and is scheduled to fly back to the UK via private jet – will miss Leicester, Atalanta and Brighton due to quarantine.
- Fabinho: Hamstring – missed last three games, reports LFC “hopeful” he can play v Leicester
- Thiago: Knee injury v Everton – no photos of him training
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Knee – no return date, not in training
- Neco Williams: Foot – missed Wales match midweek with Finland after “kick to the foot”
The Three Kings
“The incredible story of how three men born south of Glasgow within 30 miles of each other, grew up to become lifelong friends and three of the most influential men in football history.
“Matt Busby, Bill Shankly and Jock Stein lead their clubs Manchester United, Liverpool and Celtic from the doldrums to achieve unimaginable success, captivating millions of fans and becoming three of the most famous sporting institutions on the planet.
“With stunning archive footage from their greatest victories and behind the scenes access, this story is about more than three men. It is about The Three Kings – the makers of modern football.”
The film is available to watch on YouTube for as little as £3.99 or you can buy the DVD to own on Amazon…
Wheels Into Employment
“Wheels into Employment is a new Cycling Projects initiative funded by ESF to encourage people back into the workplace – with projects in Knowsley, Wirral and Greater Manchester providing valuable work, administration and cycling skills in two stages.”
“Cycling Projects is a national UK cycling charity which promotes inclusive cycling through a range of successful community engagement programmes that give people the opportunity to cycle on a regular basis; through help, support and guidance.”
To find out more follow Wheels Into Employment on Twitter or Facebook…
For more reaction to all the news and events that matter to you, including interviews with special guests and documentaries about players and staff past and present, subscribe to TAW Player…