TAKING a look at the latest transfer gossip on this Thursday morning, with some big news on interest from the Blues.
Blues In For Benteke
Reports in the Mirror suggest that Everton are making Christian Benteke a surprise target to replace the outgoing Romelu Lukaku.
The Belgian has been the subject of interest from Sunderland and Crystal Palace, with the Reds rejecting a bid of £27million plus add ons from the latter, but the Blues interest could yet spark a bidding war.
Can just see that blowing up in our faces.
Ajax Edging Closer To Mario Move
Ajax seemingly took another step towards securing a move for Mario Balotelli last night, as they ensured safe passage to the Champions League Playoff round, just an aggregate win away from group stage qualification.
Preliminary talks were said to have taken place earlier this week, with the Italian receptive to the move, despite rumours he would have to take a near £50k-a-week wage cut, but the move was said to be hinging on Champions League qualification.
Big Ajax fan for the next round.
— AFC Ajax (English) (@AFCAjax_EN) August 3, 2016
Lucas To Bag Big Bonus
Reports from Turkish media outlet Milliyet suggest that Lucas could be set to rake in a bonus of up to £400k, on his reported £2.6million move to Galatasaray.
The bonus would see Lucas receiving £15,000 per game, with a cap of up to 30 games, should the move go through, though it is understood that the player isn’t actively pushing for a move, and Jurgen Klopp is looking to keep hold of the Brazilian.
Reckon he can still do a job, when called upon.
Markovic On The Move
A lacklustre pre-season from Lazar Markovic could spell the end of his time on Merseyside, as the ECHO’s James Pearce has reported that Liverpool are open to offers for the 22-year-old.
Markovic seemed to struggle in pre-season, in what was being tipped as his chance to prove himself to his new boss.
Still feel we’ve not seen enough of him. Here is his best moment:
Zielinski On The Move
One deal that definitely won’t be happening is the transfer of Piotr Zielinski to Liverpool. Sky Italia are reporting that the Polish international is set for a medical at Napoli ahead of a 16million euro move.
Zielinski had been a target of Klopp’s, and had previously been pictured in a red shirt, sparking claims that he would be making a move to Merseyside, however it seems a deal to join Napoli is now all but sealed.
Barely seen him play and when I have he wasn’t great. One of them.
Former Liverpool target Piotr Zielinski due to undergo medical with Napoli later today pic.twitter.com/2qnVOTlI7q
— Anfield Online (@anfieldonline) August 4, 2016
For podcasts on pre-season, Liverpool past and present, transfer gossip, the lowdown on new signings and more, subscribe to TAW Player for just £5 per month. Our shows from last week include The Pro View, with Neil Mellor and Chris Kirkland, a chat with Steven Gerrard and an exclusive interview with Jürgen Klopp in the USA. Minimum sign-up is just one month. If it’s not for you, all you’ve shelled out is a fiver! More information here
Never listened to an Anfield Wrap podcast? Below is a free clip from our exclusive chat with Jürgen Klopp. Give it a listen.