THAT was a bit of a mad end to pre-season, wasn’t it? To help bring you back down to earth on this Monday morning, here are the latest Liverpool FC transfer rumours.
Benteke To Besiktas?
Unwanted striker could be set to finally leave the club, after reports from Turkish outlet Tümspor suggested that the Belgian has agreed personal terms with Besiktas.
However, it is believed that the Turkish club are only willing to pay around £21.5million, nearly £9million short of the Reds’ valuation, which would likely see the move collapse.
It goes on…
No Fresh Bids For Striker
Not sure if this contradicts the last point, but The Guardian are reporting that Liverpool are yet to receive any fresh offers for Benteke, after they rejected an offer of £27million plus add ons from Crystal Palaca a few weeks back.
The player’s agent said: “We are waiting for any news but at this moment there is nothing concrete. There are several teams interested in signing him so hopefully we can reach a resolution soon.”
As I said before, it goes on…
Odegaard Offer On The Table?
Spanish publication Marca are reporting that Liverpool are favourites to sign Norwegian wonderkid Martin Odegaard from Real Madrid, and that there is already an offer on the table from the Reds.
Odegaard was believed to be holding out for a call from Jürgen Klopp, despite having several loan offers from Bundesliga clubs, and it seems as though the 17-year-old may have got his wish.
Don’t know where he’d fit in, like.
Lucas Agreement In Place?
Lucas could yet be set to leave the club in the current transfer window, according to reports from Yeni Safak. The Turkish website claim that an agreement has been reached to sell the Brazilian to Galatasaray but Klopp is waiting to see how the current injury problems play out.
It was previously reported that Lucas had been set for a medical with the Turkish club though the Liverpool manager played down the reports suggesting that he would be kept as defensive cover, but he could still be set to leave should Klopp decide he has enough options.
Seems this one won’t go away.
Chievo In For Balo
Another club has joined the never-ending race to sign Mario Balotelli. Serie A side Chievo have expressed an interest in the Italian striker, with reports from Football Italia suggesting that the club president has had talks with the player’s agent over a possible move.
The Liverpool misfit has been training with the reserves and has been told he has no future at the club, and Klopp will be hoping a move can be done before the transfer window slams shut.
Let’s get this one boxed, lads.
Reds To Scrap For Lookman
Liverpool are ready to battle with Southampton, Tottenham and Arsenal for the transfer of highly-rated youngster Ademola Lookman, with all four sending scouts to watch the youngster at the U19s European Championships.
The 18-year-old striker recently signed a new long-term deal at Charlton, but it is believed that the Premier League quartet could be willing to pay upwards of £2million, according to reports in the Mirror.
YouTube can help us with this one:
For podcasts on pre-season, Liverpool past and present, transfer gossip, the lowdown on new signings and more, subscribe to TAW Player for just £5 per month. Our recent shows include The Pro View, with Neil Mellor and Chris Kirkland, a chat with Steven Gerrard and an exclusive interview with Jürgen Klopp in the USA. Minimum sign-up is just one month. If it’s not for you, all you’ve shelled out is a fiver! More information here
Never listened to an Anfield Wrap podcast? Below is a free clip from our exclusive chat with Jürgen Klopp. Give it a listen.