WHEN Liverpool return to Premier League action away to Stoke on Saturday, I won’t be anywhere near the Britannia Stadium. In fact, I won’t even be watching in a pub in Liverpool. Instead, I’ll be some 218 miles away on the Isle of Wight, following the game on my iPhone, praying for the rain to hold off, trying to avoid the students in their fancy dress and securing prime position in front of the main stage awaiting the arrival of Chuck D and Flavor Flav.
I can’t remember the last Liverpool game I didn’t see as it happened but when Bestival tickets went on sale earlier this year – and I saw the line-up – I bought them and hoped the fixture computer would be kind to me come June. Stoke away? It could have been worse.
So, ferry to the Isle of Wight it is and when I get there, these are the 16 songs I hope to hear live…
16. The Drums: Let’s Go Surfing
15. Brian Wilson: God Only Knows
14. Los Campesinos: You! Me! Dancing!
13. The Jungle Brothers: Black is Black
12. Ed Sheeran: You Need Me, I Don’t Need You (True Tiger Remix ft. Dot Rotten & Scrufizer)
11. Professor Green: Upper Clapton Dance
10. The Selector: On My Radio
9. Andrew Weatherall – A Pox On The Pioneers
8. Grandmaster Flash: Adventures on the Wheels of Steel
7. Cut Copy: Lights and Music
6. Toots and the Maytals: 54-46
5. The Cure: Lullaby (Extended Mix)